Sunday, October 18, 2020

More Ages of Love by St.Orr (10-18-20)

 Age 66 Make them all pay! They are all to be held responsible for my failures!

Age 67 I kiss the sun and discover devotion following that drunken butterfly floating on the updrafts                     toward heaven.

Age 21 Trying to make man love into art, sketches of athletes wearing headbands on lithographs.

Age 20 Fearlessly telling Cookie I liked him. His expression changed completely. He left in a hurry.

Age 19  Lost innocence telegraphed into my teen age head by a lonely professor from California. Thank God I didn't go there. 

Age 18  Fake ID's pretending to be str8t, drinking to feel free

Age 1 An almost newborn babe, at one with the universe. Damn it's cold out here!

Age 2  Love is sucking my Mother's breast and being carried in the rain by my Daddy.

Age 3 Peonies and gardens, cinnamon rolls and dolls.

Age 4 Don't look now but I am a girl!

Age 5 Damn I'm not! Innocence damage begins.

Age 6 Every day her spiders bite at me like her spiked pubic hair

Age 7 There's a place for us

Age 8 All I want is to ride on George Campuses' muscular tanned body in the aqua swimming pool                      forever, take me away!

Age 9 Building Model monsters is cool; and I was sniffing glue all the while.

Age 10 Rat Fink is the best; rage of destruction

Age 11 I wanna be a bookworm girl, a nerd.

Age 12 Bullies are hell.

Age 13 I sometimes like to run away and become Sally Field in "Gidget."

Age 11 Loving screaming myself into a femmy faint at horror movies.

Age 13 (again) Fear, loathing, loving and craving to touch wiry boy's six-packs.

Age 16 Acid trips open the universe, amphetamine drama queen.  

Age 17 The loss of innocence scars my face even more, the scabs won't stay put. Goodbye smooth skin, I'll do anything to make my hair str8t! Anything to fit in. This seems contrary to smoking pot. But music sounds so much longer stoned.

Age 18 Boy longing lust. Playing with a Malamute in the snow is more fun than having boy lust!



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Age 66 Make them all pay! They are all to be held responsible for my failure!



    Age 67 I kiss the sun and devote myself to following that drunken butterfly floating on the updrafts toward heaven.



    Age 21 Trying to make man love into art, sketches of athletes wearing headbands on lithographs.

    Age 20 Fearlessly telling Cookie I liked him. His expression changed completely. He left in a hurry.

    Age 19 Lost innocence telegraphed into my teenaged head by a lonely professor from California. Thank God I didn't go there.

    Age 18 Fake ID's pretending to be str8t, drinking to feel free

    Age 1 An almost newborn babe, at one with the universe. Damn it's cold out here!

    Age 2 Wanting to suck my Mother's breast and be carried in the rain by my Daddy...

    Age 3 Peonies and gardens, cinnamon rolls and dolls

    Age 4 Don't look now but I am a girl!

    Age 5 Damn I'm not! Innocence begins to be scarred.

    Age 6 Every day her spiders bite at me like her spiked pubic hair

    Age 7 There's a place for us

    Age 8 All I want is to ride on George Campuses' muscular tanned body in the aqua swimming pool forever, take me away!

    Age 9 Building Model monsters is cool.

    Age 10 Rat Fink is the best; rage of destruction

    Age 11 I wanna be a bookworm girl, a nerd.

    Age 12 Bullies are hell.

    Age 13 I sometimes like to run away and become Sally Field in "Gidget."

    Age 11 (again) Loving to scream myself into a pretend faint at horror movies

    Age 15 Fear, loathing, loving and craving to touch wiry boy's six-packs.

    Age 16 Acid trips open the universe, amphetamine drama queen.

    Age 17 The loss of innocence scars my face even more, the scabs won't stay put. Goodbye smooth skin, I'll do anything to make my hair str8t! Anything to fit in. This seems contrary to smoking pot. But music sounds too good stoned.

    Age 18 Boy longing lust. Playing with a Malamute in the snow is more fun than having boy lust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Age 1. we gave birth to a wonderful poet and a beautiful human being. This is a great way to start a poem.

    Age 2. This second line is the heart of the poem and sums up everything.

    Age 4. The bravery and courage of this four-year-old manifest in this line. It’s incredible thank you for sharing that.

    Age 6. Consider that this line might work better as the following. The feel of her pubic hair next to my skin felt like spiders biting me.

    Age8. I know that feeling and although I don’t remember who’s tan body I wanted to ride on. I think anyone who’s ever experienced being gay and growing up can relate to this. Bravo

    Age 9. Designing great gowns with crayons and paper was my version of this.

    Age 11 and 12. Indeed bullies are hell in this sums up so much of the poets experience perhaps?

    Age 13 and I Linda Carter in wonder woman twirling and turning countless times until I realized I wasn’t ever going to become the star-spangled bitch.

    I know this fear and loathing and loving and craving all wrapped in one 15-year-old boy. It sounds so universal.

    Age15-16. I see this as the The moment in the poem with a writer or person he’s writing about is opening up to the world and beyond it and yet grounded by the reality of amphetamines and drugs. There is a wonderful Ying and yang at play here. Keep it up.

    Age 18. Yes I know what that feels like. I know what it feels like to do anything even sacrifice parts of you and what you like just to fit in with this thing called the human experience.

    Age 19. This is one of my favorite lines and it speaks so well of the poets ability to understand and get in the head of another person. I wonder if the poet knew this at age 19 or only in a post reflection years later.

    Age 20. This is another one of those lines that sounds like a complete poem in just two or three sentences. This sums up so much of the pain and longing in this whole piece.

    Age 21. I know what it feels like to make love into art and lost and all these things. It seems like the Poet has done that beautifully in this poem.

    Age 66 and 67. I really enjoy how our age 66 to Poet is is blaming everyone. It sounds like all the riled up frustration and anger of the years in two lines. But just one year later he found his peace and freedom and acceptance that comes with age.

    ReplyDelete