Friday, October 16, 2020

As I Stand 10-16-20

 

As I Stand 10-16-20


As I stand on this shore

looking out into forever

Can you hear me shout?

"I ADORE YOU come to me now."

 

I hear you, I'm coming, be there soon-

Just a few things I need to do,

Chores, like cleaning up after the cat,

picking dirt and dreams

off the kitchen floor,

Walking up the stairs to the roof

Looking for the hawk

flying in his majesty on the upper reaches

of air currents only he can feel.

 

I'm coming, in just a bit-

First I need to be showing up for my job (Oh God.)

Dancing in the rain on my crooked roof

Finally, I'll be sending you my heart

via astral projection

There I've caught it,

holding it now

like a stunning thing

vibrating with the innocence and soul of a child

shooting light

like a cotillion of moon beams

 

I love you for your dancing dreams

This is the stuff wars are fought over

Kingdoms rise and fall

meanwhile this jewel your heart

I hold to my cheek

until I can kiss you

 

Don't worry about the universe

just meet me around 5

by the sea wall

I need to look into your eyes,

feel the movement of your breath

echoing in the sounds of these waves

in and out

indestructible moments

there is no love, only us and eternity

 

Go ahead, shake our your hair

let me shimmy and quake for you

They'll think we're nuts

but who cares, they're dead

and we're alive.


Do your sexy walk

I'll make you forget

paying bills,

flies with Twitter accounts

Meowing gurlz on phones

The endless bumping

of the big, heavy-treading lady upstairs

my living, in this crappy matchbox of a man cave

(My kingdom, my home).


I'll fly with you

over rainbows

beyond the grey sheets

of discarded lovers

lying on shipwrecked shores

like so many skeletal hulls

on beaches filled

with pieces of hypodermic needles

bone fragments of Mafia bets gone bad

Call me angel

call me by my name.

 

#writeyourheart

 

No comments:

Post a Comment